Here’s a little bit of a different spin on the beloved lamb shanks. A perfect meal to delight and entertain guests.
- 4 Lamb shanks
- 100 millilitre Flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 40 millilitre Oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 40 millilitre Tomato paste
- 150 millilitre Dry white wine
- 400 millilitre cold water
- 1 KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 5 millilitre Dried thyme
- 10 millilitre Dried basil
- Trim shanks of excess fat and sinew.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a bag and coat the shanks.
- Heat half the oil in the pan and brown the shanks.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Wipe out the pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the onion.
- Add the tomato paste, wine and 400ml cold water to the pan and stir in the KNORR Fresh Ideas pouch contents and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the thyme and sweet basil and pour over the shanks.
- Cover and bake at 160°C for 3 hrs.
Recommended wine: Try the Kumkani Shiraz with this meal.