Here’s a mouth-watering prawns recipe to try for a weeknight dinner. The self made marinade gives the prawns a fantastic unique flavour.
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 millilitre Mixed Herbs
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper to taste
- 750 gram Prawns, cleaned, leaving shells on
- 125 gram Margarine
- 125 millilitre peri-peri sauce
- 1 Vegetable Stock Pot, dissolved in a little boiling water
- 1 Lemon
- 250 millilitre Cream
- 4 Spring onions, chopped
- Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over the prawns.
- Leave to marinade for 6 hours in the fridge.
- Heat margarine in a frying pan and add prawns and marinade.
- Fry until prawns change colour to pink.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and stir in cream before serving.
- Serve on a bed of rive with chopped spring onions for garnish.
Recommended wine: Try the Kumkani Sauvignon Blanc with this dish.